Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Funny Friend Named Yan

This afternoon I received news from my good friend Yan that he's leaving for Hong Kong for good at the end of this month. He just got a job offer from one of the firms there. He tried to make things work for himself here in KL but the economy just too bad for him. When he told me he's leaving, suddenly I felt very sad and emotional that I am loosing one of my good, smart, matured and funny friends like Yan.

Among all of my friends, Yan is so much different. Even when he goes through tough times in life, he wouldn’t show any anger, frustrations or disappointment towards life. He has always been so positive and never stops to try new things and smiles like nothing ever hurt him. And the best part about Yan is he is the only one of my friends that can listen to my jokes and get it instantly. And he could remember so many jokes and tell me about it too. He is so much fun and smart!

Although we don’t get to spend time together so often, we keep in contact all the times through Facebook and telephone. I wish I could have spent more times with him though. I knew that he wanted to watch movies with me many times but I always end up with someone else in the theater. I felt like I have neglected him a little bit. It made me feel sadder that I could do this to my own dear friend.

I don't have many good friends but the one that I have are very exclusive and special. They are always around and supportive. Yup! We talked about each other behind our backs and discuss on things about each other. But hey....that's what makes us all special friends. We don't mean any harm or try to hurt one another. We just talk to each other and lend our shoulder to cry on and ears to listen to their problems or dissatisfaction. By the end of the day they are all used to improve our quality of friendship. That's all!

But one friend goes, there’ll be another coming. Is that true? Yes! That is true but no one holds a candle to Yan. I will tremendously miss his kind words, smart advices and warm company among other good things he posses. And I am sure he would want me to mention about his charming good looks as well.

New people don't mean that they are good but it means new things to discover and new sets of headache. And from what I have had for the past 10 years, not many 20-something friends out there who are willing to grow old together. Sometimes they are just too young to be matured. What came out from their mouth and seen through their actions are two different things. Too Bad! They don't know how to get rid of their anger or hate or ego for the sake of friendship. But they know that they are still young and they can go through so many friendship after getting rid of us before they decided to stick to a few of them for a long time.

Do they really know the meaning of friendship? Are they willing to forgive a friend and move on with the friendship like nothing happen? Things happened for a reason. It is an unwritten guideline of friendship for future reference. It’s the dos and don’ts of our very own friendship. Over the years, you’ll understand better of your friends and learn which are best to preserve the friendship.

To Yan, thank you for all your kind words of advice and always been there for me with no conditions applied. I bid you farewell and the best of luck in your career. I will tremendously miss you and we shall just keep in contact through Facebook, emails and telephone until we meet again someday.

Take care of yourself my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment