Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Classic Cake: Pineapple Upside-Down

I have always love old classic cake such as Pineapple Upside-Down. I remember how my mom and my aunt used to talk about this cake and how my aunt used to bake this cake when I was a little boy.

And recently I went to the supermarket and I found Josepine Pineapples from Philippines were on sale for a dirt cheap. So I bought 3 of them and thinking of using these pineapples specifically for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. After almost two weeks keeping these pineapples in the bottom drawer of my refrigerator, I finally came to a perfect moment and mood to bake this wonderful cake.

I love the faint smell and taste of pineapples sip through the butter cake base. This is a nice moist cake and taste great to be eaten warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Such a great dessert to end any dinner or lunch or your snack break OR as a gift to your neighbor or friends.

Hell.... I'd become like Nigella Lawson raiding my refrigerator in the middle of the night and cut me a slice of this cake and warm it up a little bit in the microwave oven and eat it really quick before I go back bed. It felt so good when I do this but I will bitch about getting fatter later. But this this cake recipe is not from Nigella's cooking book though. It came from my aunt however I did some small change to her recipe just to perfect it the way I want it. And it work like magic.







1 comment:

  1. Hai....newly found your blog while searching keyword 'pavlova' =)
    initially interested with the bakeries and cakes
    but after went through your previous entries noticed that you had been in hard times before, really touched with your life journey.....
    frankly speaking, I am now also almost having the same situation....
    really have so much things to think, to decide, really in dilemma now...
    but at least do get inspired with you stories...=), hu hu hu
    by the way, why didn't update your blog for quite some time?
    anyway, wish you good luck & continue having sweet moments in your life (for me too.....)
    hope can meet you in real life
    till then, bye & see you soon.....

    ReplyDelete