Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sweet Island Flower For A Wedding Cake

I have been meaning to put Tahitian Gardenia flower or Tiare (in Hawaiian) on a cake for a long time. I just couldn't find the right moment and the right cake. Finally this 3-tier light yellowish cream colored wedding cake deserves some of these really sweet Tiare flowers. 

I have always been so fond of Tiare since I was living in Honolulu many years ago and you can never find this flower in tropical Malaysia except in Hawaii, Tahiti and the pacific islands only. I wish I could bring the seedlings of Tiare and grow them here as we have the close cousin of this flower Gardenia Carinata growing wild in Malaysia. But this is another unrelated issue altogether.

I didn't want to use lots of Tiare flowers on my wedding cake for the first time...I just want to "quietly" introduce this flower on my cake for now and accented it with some tiny colorful filler flowers, so that the Tiare is still the main flowers and the center of attention. 

Next time when I can find the right cake, the right time, the right place and the right customer that can really promote my cake designs to the public, I will put Tiare flowers as the only flowers that adorn the special cake. I will make sure that that cake will be so awesome then and something that I am really proud of for something so unique that bears my name on it.

However this time, I don't like the quality of the photos of this cake. I was rushing to send it to a customer for a big wedding in Terengganu. I had to find a decent corner in my living room to shoot this cake and there were not enough lighting to show the real color and the designs on the cake. But I have to make do with just this for now. 








No comments:

Post a Comment